- Sauté the leeks and onions in a buttered frying pan until slightly soft, then remove and cool.
- Take a rectangular sheet of defrosted puff pastry and lay a pile of the leek mix on top.
- Place the Rudd’s Potato & Leek Filled Rasher on top.
- Top the pile with another slightly smaller rectangle of puff and pinch it down and around the filling and crimp the bottom layer of pastry.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg and sprinkle some thyme on top.
- Cut a 5cm long slit in the top of the pastry to allow the steam to escape, then bake in a medium oven at 180ºC for 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Allow to cool once out of the oven and then serve!
- 1 Rudd’s Potato & Leek Filled Rasher
- 1 Leek—washed thoroughly and sliced
- 1 Medium sized onion—diced
- 1 Frozen puff pastry sheet
- 2 Eggs—beaten
- 2 tbsp. thyme
2015 Rudd’s, Syngefield, Birr, Co. Offaly, Ireland. Designed and developed at Greenhouse