- Place the sliced red onion in a bowl and pour red wine vinegar over it, about 60mls or just enough to cover it.
- Chop the Rudd’s Dry Cured Rashers into cubes and cook in a dry pan, 2 minutes on a moderate to high heat.
- Add the slices of red apple and allow caramelize in the pork fat.
- Deseed and slice the avocado, tear up the blue cheese and in a salad bowl toss together with the raw sliced green apple.
- Add the pickled red onion and some mixed leaves.
- Add some diced shallot to the red wine vinegar and a tsp. of wholegrain mustard and whisk together with some good oil to create a quick dressing. Dress the salad.
- Pour 25mls of cider into the hot Rudd’s Dry Cured Rashers and apple pan. Scrapping the bottom to get all crispy burned bits!
- The cider will evaporate and get sticky, pour this over the dressed salad and its ready to be served.
- 6 Rudd’s Dry Cured Rashers
- 1 Red apple
- 1 Green apple
- 200g Blue cheese
- 1 Avocado
- 25ml of cider
- 1 Red onion, sliced
- 60ml Red wine vinegar
2015 Rudd’s, Syngefield, Birr, Co. Offaly, Ireland. Designed and developed at Greenhouse